Thursday, February 24, 2011

New video from Nicole Atkins

It’s been a tumultuous three years since the release of New Jersey-born Nicole Atkins’ acclaimed 2007 debut, 'Neptune City', and its follow-up, 'Mondo Amore', is a courageous, provocative work, fraught with dramatic tension and sweeping emotion.

'Mondo Amore' has its genesis in a time of extreme turbulence for Atkins, a period which saw her parting ways with her former (major) label, while also dealing with the painful, personal end of “a relationship that should’ve ended two years before it actually did” with her long-term boyfriend.

“Things got weird and dark,” she says. “Writing these songs was my way of trying to work out what was happening. I was breaking up with my boyfriend, my original band, and my label, all at the same time.”

As a taster of what to expect from the new work, check out the video for 'Vultures':

No comments: